Monday 18 May 2020

Underground

'Underground' started off as a confusing, not quite satisfactory, short story in my New Food collection. Something about it hinted that it might do quite well as a serialised short story on Wattpad, as it was written as a series of days and in the first person. After I rewrote and reworked it a little it has proved to be my most popular story on Wattpad, so I think my instincts were correct. A summary of the story is below.



Underground- story summary by LJ Finnigan

Underground
My new journey to work is great; ten stops on the tube and ten minutes walk at either end, I wonder what ten days of it will do to me?

Day One
I thought the tube was meant to be quiet, where no one spoke to you.

Day Two
I wonder what those two little girls want.

Day Three
'Some people can be crazy and dangerous, more than you would suspect from looking at them.

Day Four
The dreams were worse last night.

Day Five
I can still feel them watching me as I walk towards the stairs.

Day Six
At least I've been settling in at work.

Day Seven
What was it he said again?

Day Eight
I'm not enjoying the journey home this afternoon.

Day Nine
It's my late night tonight.

Day Ten
Everything looks so normal now.      

No comments:

Post a Comment