Saturday 30 May 2020

Ten Years in Concert


I started learning the piano in 1975, but it wasn't until 2010 that I started playing classical piano pieces in public. The first concert I played was the 'Keys for Music' concert in St Paul's Church Hall in Ruislip Manor. I played several pieces from Beethoven to the Doors. I have played in 'Keys for Music' concerts from 2010 to 2017 and I played in St Mary's music evening on Sunday evenings from 2012 to 2017. When 2018 arrived I wondered how I could continue to play piano in concert with my regular outlets drying up. Luckily I discovered new outlets in the form of Parlour Party and Pure Piano at the Trinity Bar in Harrow and also other folk club outlets like the General Elliott in Uxbridge. I'm glad I found new places to play the piano in to keep me going until at least 2020. I think it's important to be able to play and listen to music live, to share our creativity with others, whether its art, crafts, music, poetry, whatever. I aim to make the most of creative activities; art, craft, music, drama, reading and writing; now that I've reached the third age of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment