Saturday 21 November 2020

Last Bus Home

I reworked a number of old stories in 2017 specifically so that I could publish them on Wattpad. Four of them were from Shadow magazine which I first worked on in the late 1970s. 'After the rain' is in my 'L's Flash Fiction' reading list and Last Bus Home expanded into a serialised short story. The last two Shadow stories are 'Girl on the pier' and 'The Midnight Cat'. A summary of Last Bus Home follows.


Last Bus Home
My lonely late nights were transformed after mysterious, spirited Miranda entered my life.

Week one
My first sight of the strange girl in the rain.

Week two
The flowery girl speaks, already I feel a change coming over me.

Week three
I travel home with Miranda, she sees everything so clearly.

Week four
We travel to a graveyard and I see what's wrong with the world.

Week five
Walking with Miranda is like walking on air.

Week six
I wait for the Spring and my new friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment