Saturday 6 June 2020

Twenty Years of SubVerse




When my daughter was born in the year 2000 I got the feeling that surrendering to aspects of my life that were beyond my control would be very important in the years to come. I decided that a good way to deal with these difficult feelings would be to start a writing group to explore 'The Poetry of Surrender'; I called it SubVerse. SubVerse came to an end in 2005 and I wrote an obituary for it on the 6th of June 2006 (6/6/6). I have used aspects of SubVerse, over the years, in various of my creative projects including my virtue project, my craft stall and my blog. This poem, 'Malleable' is one of my favourites from that time, it commemorated SubVerse's brief life and the twenty years that have passed since its birth.




No comments:

Post a Comment