Thursday 18 June 2020

The Missing Links


In my life I have visited many places that have affected me in different ways, mostly positive. Before the lockdown I only had a few places left that I would like to see in real life. I wanted to spend more time doing slower, simpler things and have enjoyed walking around the pleasant areas near my house with my daughter. However my desire to visit other places is still there. Here are the seven places I would most like to go to between lockdown ending and my blog turning ten in 2023.

Belfast, Northern Ireland
I have visited many places in Great Britain and Europe and one of my favourite holidays was my 2017 trip to New York City. Increasingly I have felt a desire to visit Northern Ireland. I visited Dublin in 1990 and was hoping to visit Belfast in Spring 2020. This was not to be, but hopefully I will get there one day.

Cromer, Norfolk
We often go to the seaside on holiday, but mostly the South Coast and the West Country. The beaches in Norfolk are said to be stunning, so I am looking forward to seeing Cromer sometime in the future.

Chiswick House
My mother wanted to visit Chiswick House back in 2019, however it took me a while to figure out it was a place we should visit. By the time I had looked into it properly, it was March 2020 and time had run out. I’m sure we will enjoy it when everything is open again.

Mile End Park
I was looking into London Parks we have not yet visited and found Mile End Park to be particularly picturesque. It has a canal running through it, a cafe and can be easily reached on the tube.

The Serpentine @ Hyde Park
Hyde Park is a very big park and I have been to it a few times over the years. However I have never been on the boat that crosses the Serpentine and I have never visited the Serpentine Gallery. These seem like very nice things to do, so I hope I will do both in the not too distant future.

2012 Olympic Park
2012 felt like a very special year. I enjoyed the atmosphere of the London Olympics even though I made no effort to see any of the events. I have been meaning to visit the Olympic Park for a number of years and should make more of an effort when the Lockdown ends. It would be good to remember the specialness of 2012.

Aldeburgh Glade, Oakside
Amy and I have visited many pleasant places in Hillingdon, Harrow and Ealing. We were just getting to explore the Colne Valley Natural Park when the Covid19 Lockdown kicked in. After a very pleasant Spring day in Harefield we had hoped to visit the Aldeburgh Glade near Uxbridge. I hope we get more nice days to continue our Colne River explorations.




No comments:

Post a Comment