Thursday 25 June 2020

Five decades of Travelling




When I was growing up a highlight of the year was my two week summer holiday with my parents. We travelled all over England, sometimes venturing into Scotland and Wales. I discovered foreign travel in the 1980s and spent the summers of 1986 to 1989 completing my own Grand European tour. I continued my travels in the 1990s, getting to southern Ireland, Glasgow, the Czech Republic, Egypt and Israel among other places. When my daughter was very young I didn't travel very much, but by the end of the noughties I was back holidaying again and we managed to get to Paris and EuroDisney in 2008. Our travels continued in the twenty-teens, highlights have been Edinburgh, Cornwall, Cardiff, Whitby, Brugges and my personal visit to New York City, USA, as part of my 5B450 project. The place I most wanted to visit to complete my travel bucket list has been Northern Ireland and particularly Belfast.




No comments:

Post a Comment