Friday 3 May 2019

London Therapy Part Two



I thought it would be really good for us to go and see another play, we didn't manage to see a play in London in 2018, only a panto (Cinderella) in Harrow at Christmas. I was a bit trepidatious about the Twilight Zone, but as it turns out, the play we saw at the Ambassadors Theatre on the 25th April 2019, was really rather wonderful.

Beforehand we also had a lovely dim sum lunch in China Town and an edifying wander around the National Portrait Gallery, where we viewed the Tudors and portraits of contemporary figures like Ed Sheran and Darcey Bussell.

This day represents my second London Therapy day, a mixture of mindful eating, art therapy and drama therapy. We had a bit of trouble with the tube getting in, but coping with being out and about is all part of our recovery.




The Twilight Zone - the play

I watched a lot of the Twilight Zone after my dad died, it gave me some comfort about different dimensions and the strangeness of life. My life has become even more weird since then, so I wondered how we would cope with such a strange concept play. I really loved it, I don't go to the theatre very often, so this was a real treat. There were several interweaving stories, all sci-fi based, verging on the supernatural. I followed it quite well, as did my daughter, who also loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment