Friday 31 January 2020

First book of the year

This is the first book I have read in the new year (and the new decade), below is a review of it.


Eat, pray, love by Elizabeth Gilbert

I really loved watching the film of this book on Netflix, so I was really looking forward to reading the book itself. Luckily the book did not disappoint, although I found it strangely lighter in many places than the movie. The first part is thirty six chapters on enjoying food in Italy, as well as some story background and an introduction to Liz, I found it quite delicious. The middle section, Pray, is set in an ashram in India and features a lot of reflection on meditation. The final, Indonesian section, Love, seemed less well-defined as the eat and pray sections, it was about finding balance. I found the whole book was a very enlightening read.



I have changed my reading plan slightly for the year, while also working on a three year plan, covering the years 2019 to 2021. The three books below are helping with my mindful home and slower living projects.


 Below are four poetry books I hope will help guide me through the months ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment