Wednesday 9 October 2019

ALF @ The Death Cafe

As a preliminary to attending a Death Cafe; I visited St Mary's Church and graveyard on Harrow on the Hill and also did some mindful doodling and colouring on the subject.







I have wanted to attend a Death Cafe since finding out about them in 2013. It has been difficult organising time out from my busy life to attend one. I have been making an effort to make my life less busy and committed to attend the one happening in the Playground Theatre, Latimer Road, on the 4th October 2019.


Unfortunately the Death Cafe scheduled for the 4th October had been cancelled at the last moment. I went along to the Playground Theatre anyway. The Cafe Bar looked really pretty. The kind of place where you could happily sit for a while and contemplate your own mortality. On the way were many remembrances of the Grenfell tragedy so it ended up being a very poignant afternoon out.




I didn't spend all afternoon on my own. Two other people turned up and we spent a couple of pleasant hours discussing death and poetry.


No comments:

Post a Comment