Monday 15 July 2019

Virtuous cards and scenters


I began my virtue project in 2007, back then it was part of my WebFlowers project. I started with the seven contrary virtues; Humility, Generosity, Chastity, Temperence, Patience, Kindness, Diligence. These virtues are contrary to the seven deadly sins; Pride, Greed, Lust, Gluttony, Anger, Envy, Sloth. When I started developing ALF Creations @ the Star Heart Cafe I wanted very much to incorporate the virtues into my arts, crafts, and writing.

My virtuous cards include the Star Heart Virtues : Grace, Peace, Love, Hope, Joy and Faith and the manly virtues; Valiant, Loyal and Earnest. The first four virtue haiku cards I created as part of my 'typographical challenge' are Humility, Kindness, Patience and Diligence.

My virtuous scenters include my lavender star hearts and virtuous flowers which are inspired by these words from St Paul.

'Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Forgive as the lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love.' Colossians 3:12-14


No comments:

Post a Comment