Monday 9 January 2017

An excursion into Instagram


I joined Instagram in 2016, primarily to help my daughter with her account details. I ended up with two accounts; no posts and no followers. I was thinking of joining Instagram anyway as some of my favourite bloggers seemed to have given up blogging and were on there instead. After several failed attempts to post to Instagram using my computer I decided to have a go at switching accounts on my daughter's phone and taking and posting pictures using that. I now have six photos on one account and one on another. I don't think I'll be a regular Instagram user for a number of reasons.

1. I prefer the computer to a smart phone; I can do more with it, create pictures, scan things, use the keyboard, I find it just bigger and better.

2. Instagram feels more exclusive and restrictive than blogging.

3. I have to be quite strict with myself not to get too caught up in a social media popularity contest that I have little hope of winning.

4. My priorities this year should be about what good I can do, not what new sites I can join.

5. I need to concentrate on thinking and working on more substantial projects.

It has been nice to catch up with what my favourite bloggers have been getting up to on Instagram and it has also been an incentive to seek out other bloggers who are still happy in the blogosphere. One of the pictures I put on Instagram was a picture of my three well used mobile gadgets that I am still fond of and still using; my digital camera, my mobile phone and my iShuffle. You can find Amilo Finn on Instagram here.


No comments:

Post a Comment