Monday 6 July 2020

Virtuous Dolls

I don't think I'm a terribly virtuous person, there is definitely room for improvement. However, I find that thinking about the virtues, helps me to be a better person. I became fascinated by the seven contrary virtues as a way of tackling the seven deadly sins, so my first set of virtuous dolls are named after these; patience, generosity, diligence, kindness, temperance, chastity, humility.

The Contrary Virtues

Faith, hope and charity are the theological virtues, they are pictured below.
Faith, Hope & Charity

The cardinal virtues are prudence, fortitude, temperance and justice
The cardinal virtues


There are many fruits of the spirit, my dolls depict nine of them; patience, peace and love; faith, constancy and kindness; joy, integrity and gentleness.

The Fruits of the Spirit

No comments:

Post a Comment