Friday 13 March 2020

My Third Mindful Year



In my first mindful year I was getting to grips with big changes in my life and using therapeutic techniques to enjoy life more. My second mindful year was about waiting for a few milestones to pass and to enjoy myself while waiting. My third mindful year (from March 2020 to February 2021) will involve ticking things off my to do list and being mindful while doing so. I don't think to do lists and mindfulness work so well together. I put wellbeing first these days, so will try to not let my to do list stop me from enjoying the here and now.

Spring -March, April, May

I have five getaways organised for this year. Two of them are scheduled for Spring; Belfast and Teignmouth. There is also work to be done in my home and garden, helping my family and my work. I also want to visit more therapeutic London places and continue my local mindful outings with my daughter. I also want to continue enjoying all the mindful activities I have been discovering and exploring over the past two years.

Summer - June, July, August

I have three more getaways happening in the summer, Norfolk, Hampshire and Sussex. August was a good month last year, it was a time for relaxation and reflection and spending time in our local walled garden. I hope to have more of that this year.

Autumn - September, October, November

I generally don't go away in Autumn or Winter, so will continue my normal mindful activities that I enjoy in quiet times. My favourite mindful activities are reading, drawing, writing, watching TV and films, gardening and homemaking, cooking, listening to music especially Radio Three, nature walking and slow coffee time. I also like visiting London parks, art galleries and museums and walking by water.

Winter - December, January, February

I find Winter a little hard going, enjoying a slow and mindful Christmas and New Year is particularly good, which I managed to do in 2019. In January and February I usually do a lot of planning for the year ahead. In 2020 I realised the importance of living in and enjoying the moment as much as possible no matter what that moment (or the weather) held.





No comments:

Post a Comment