Friday 15 November 2019

Spiritual Therapy



I was a regular church of England church goer from 2008 until 2018. I thought there was something therapeutic and helpful about the church, aside from all the God and Jesus stuff. I liked the hymns, especially Christmas Carols. Churches have an inspiring and mystical feel about them, but they can also feel cold and unfriendly. I discovered Buddhism in March 2018, which marked the end of my church going life. Since discovering Buddhism I have found what I was hoping to find in the Christian church. I couldn't get the hang of prayers but the breath awareness, body scan and loving kindness meditations I do with my daughter have been very therapeutic and healing. There seems to be more Christians than Buddhists in my area, so socially the Christians are winning, although the Christians I know have not been good friends to me and my family. I think seeking spiritual connection is important, it can help you feel less lonely, even if it doesn't bring you more friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment