Saturday 22 December 2018

2018 book review on Good Reads


It's been quite a year and a lot of normal life has fallen by the wayside, but at least I managed to read one relatively normal book and review it for Good Reads, here it is below.

 


2018. Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer


In 2017 I became obsessed with the film 'Everest' and in 2018 I read and re-read the book it was based on. Jon Krakauer's 'Into thin air' exposes the fuzzy thinking behind ordinary people's desire to prove themselves in ways they would be better not pursuing. Climbing Mount Everest is a near impossible task for the average human and getting back down again is even more difficult. I read this book when I had my own Mount Everest to ascend and descend, this book helped me face my own difficult endeavours.

No comments:

Post a Comment