Monday 3 September 2018

A Mindful Day in London Town



As you may know me and my family have been going through a tough time lately. Things I have been keen on encouraging, in the face of mental health issues, over-reliance on technology, pressures of the consumer and materialitstic world have been; philosophy (thank you School of Life), mindfulness (via 3rd wave CBT and Bhuddism), connections to church and charity, music and the creative arts. In order to further exploration of these areas, I was happy to take part in the mindfulness open day at the West London Bhuddist Centre.


The two big sessions of the day were one hour of yoga followed by one hour of meditation. There was a lot of therapy involved, with just a hint of Bhuddism, I felt. Afterwards we enjoyed an afternoon in Hyde Park followed by a Chinese meal.




On Sunday we visited our local church for a farewell service followed by a leaving meal. The activities at the Bhuddist and the Christian centres both had a very good vibe to them, making me feel that it was fine pursuing the ideas of both religions at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment