Saturday 12 November 2016

Heroines on Deviant Art


I have been meaning to put my heroine paintings up on DeviantArt for a while and have just got around to doing it. They are a mixture of literary heroines like Scarlet O'Hara and Tess of the D'Urbervilles, historical figures like Cleopatra, film heroines like Amelie and musical heroines Ella Fitzgerald and Tori Amos. The collection includes a very recent painting of Katniss Everdeen.

I have done another painting of Madeleine Usher to represent my 1970s reading for my 'A life in books' project. This represents the fact that it was Edgar Allan Poe's short story collection 'Tales of Mystery and Imagination' that really got me reading. Madeleine is not on my DeviantArt page which you can find here, but you can find it on my Pinterest paintings page which you can find here.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment