Tuesday 5 May 2015

The Virtues on Pinterest


I have been meaning to put my virtuous arts and crafts on Pinterest for a while and have finally done so. You can find them here at https://www.pinterest.com/lornafinnigan/the-virtues. I started my virtuous project in 2007 when I became interested in the seven contrary virtues, which correspond to the seven deadly sins. After the contrary virtues I began working on other sets of virtues which now form the basis for my 'Little Book of Virtuous Haiku'. The following is a brief listed guide to 'The virtues @ the Star Heart Cafe'.

Seven contrary virtues (seven deadly sins)
Humility (pride), Chastity (lust), Abstinence (gluttony), Diligence (sloth), Generosity (greed), Kindness (envy), Patience (wrath)

Theological virtues
Faith, Hope, Charity

Cardinal virtues
Justice, Prudence, Temperance, Fortitude

Nine fruits of the spirit
Joy, peace, patience, goodness, faith, mildness, modesty, charity, chastity

Virtuous apparel
Kindness, compassion, humility, gentleness, patience, forgiveness (and above all) Love

Star Heart Virtues
Faith, Hope, Grace, Peace, Love, Joy

Fe-Man Virtues (Feminine and Manly)
Modesty, Kindness, Patience
Loyal, Valliant, Earnest

I find that letting the virtues guide me helps me be a better person and lead a better life.

No comments:

Post a Comment